ASSP of Central Indiana and the Indiana Chamber are now seeking qualified speakers for the 2019 Indiana Safety and Health Conference & Expo. Please note: we are NOT seeking keynote speakers for this conference.
The 2019 Indiana Safety and Health Conference will provide a forum for safety, health and environmental (SH&E) professionals to:
- Identify key issues facing SH&E professionals
- Expand their knowledge and professional skills
- Prepare for the challenges in the SH&E fields
- Engage in the dialog concerning the profession
- Identify emerging issues relevant to SH&E
The committee is particularly interested in advanced, technically-oriented and practical presentations.
Turning in a presentation abstract does not guarantee you a spot on the agenda. The conference planning committee will decide from the submitted presentations which are appropriate for the 2019 agenda.
Access the CFP form here. The due date for the CFP form to be returned is August 1, 2018. Due to promotional and continuing education deadlines, late entries will not be considered.
Information that is required to complete the CFP form includes:
- All speaker(s) contact info
- Speaker biography (in paragraph format; further instructions on form)
- Presentation title
- Presentation description (max 200 words)
- Presentation learning objectives (three bullet points)
- Presentation abstract for brochure (three bullet points)
- Education level
- Appropriate employer size of session attendee
- Other information as requested on form
Benefits of Speaking at the 2019 Indiana Safety and Health Conference & Expo
- Exposure to 800+ total attendees
- Opportunity to showcase your expertise/knowledge in the safety, health and environmental field
- List of attendee contact information (mail and phone number) in advance of the conference and final list after the conference
- Opportunity to network with potential new clients, consisting of c-level executives, company decision-makers, purchasing managers, and safety professionals
- Complimentary full conference registration, including all networking and meal functions
- One night complimentary hotel stay
- Name and company listed on all promotions
- Contact information featured on conference web site
Speaker proposals are evaluated objectively by the Indiana Safety and Health Conference Planning Committee with consideration of the following criteria:
- Degree to which the proposed session meets the conference/program objectives, as outlined above
- Presentation skills and experience of the speaker
- Desirability of the topic to the conference attendees
Successful applicants must comply with all provisions and guidelines outlined on this page and on the CFP form. Proposals to present also must contain sufficient detail to allow the selection committee to understand the learning objectives and how the proposed session will meet those objectives.
Demonstrations/Visual Aids (Breakouts and Workshops)
All use of demonstrations must comply with federal and state safety regulations, as well as the rules and regulations outlined by the conference venue (Indiana Convention Center). Lack of compliance with any safety regulations will disqualify you from speaking at future Indiana Safety and Health Conferences.
PowerPoint Presentations (Breakouts and Workshops)
All PowerPoint presentations must follow certain stylistic guidelines if they are provided to you by the Indiana Chamber, to include amount of info per slide, size of text, etc. These guidelines will be provided if your presentation is selected.
Speaker Payment Policy
No speaker honorarium or fees will be paid to any breakout and/or workshop speaker for this conference. We do not cover meals outside of those provided at the conference, nor provide a per diem.
Speaker Travel Policy
We will provide up to one night (one room per speaker) at the conference hotel only (Courtyard by Marriott and Springhill Suites by Marriott) for speakers traveling from outside of central Indiana. All other travel costs incurred are the responsibility of the speaker (subject to change).
If you have any questions regarding the speaker presentation form, please email Jennifer George at firstname.lastname@example.org.